Travelers carrying live animals and/or animal products (leather, animal feed, etc.), those who have recently visited a farm, or those who work with animals (veterinarian, feed supplier, etc.) must undergo the appropriate inspection procedure. In particular, all live animals and animal products entering Korea must be accompanied by valid quarantine or heat treatment certificates issued by the country of departure. For detailed information on animal quarantine, please contact the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (APQA) and or the airport quarantine office.
ITEMS TO BE DECLARED
- Meat and poultry items such as beef, pork, lamb, chicken, etc.
- Processed meat products such as ham, sausage, beef jerky, marinated beef, canned meats, etc.
- Animal bone items such as antlers, bones, horns, tusks, etc.
- Egg products such as whole eggs, egg whites, powdered eggs, etc.
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, butter, etc.
- Items originating from or passing through prohibited regions (including live animals and processed meats)
* List of prohibited regions subject to change in any case of contagious livestock disease outbreak; check the APQA website for more information.
INQUIRIES ABOUT ANIMAL QUARANTINE
- Import & export inspection: Import +82-32-740-2671 (English), Export +82-32-740-2660~1 (English)
- Pending quarantine: Import +82-32-752-1271~2 (English), Export +82-32-740-2660~1 (English)
Travelers carrying plants, fruits, vegetables, seeds, orchids, nursery stock, cut flowers, soil and items of a similar nature must report to customs and the items must undergo the appropriate inspection procedure.
ITEMS TO BE DECLARED
- Fruits, vegetables, cut flowers, seeds, kernels, sapling, bulbs or tubers, roots, nuts, dried or fresh agricultural products, medical herbs and various other related plant items
- All fresh fruits and vegetables originating from or passing through prohibited regions
- Unshelled walnuts, unripe beans, unpeeled potatoes and sweet potatoes, planted crops (ginseng, mushrooms, etc.), and planted saplings
- Live pests and insects (Including pet insects)
- Saplings and cuttings, including from the Maloideaa subfamily (apple trees, pear trees, etc.), the Rutaceae subfamily (tangerine trees, orange trees, etc.), grape vines, pine trees, etc.
INQUIRIES ABOUT PLANT QUARANTINE
- Carry-on plant inspection: Import +82-32-740-2097 / Export +82-740-2077
- Cargo plant inspection: +82-740-2074