Community Lead | Pacific
Our Community team is an integral part of our business with the mission to enable our members to create their life’s work.
As a Community Lead, you are integral to achieving an excellent member experience at your WeWork location. You will report to your building each day and will be responsible for ensuring we meet our members’ needs and maintain our WeWork global hospitality and operational standards. You will ensure we deliver on our targets for an un-compromised member experience through curated events based on members’ interests, introducing members to each other for business opportunities, and creating a welcoming environment for members and their guests. Where a building has a Community Manager that works across multiple WeWork sites, you will be a point of escalation and decision-maker for the Community.
In This Role, You’ll
Membership Engagement & Retention:
- Endeavour to build relationships with members throughout the building and understand their business, checking in on all members regularly to understand their ongoing experience.
- Anticipate member and guest needs before they arise using relevant information collected about members to enhance and personalize their experience.
- Complete scheduled, quarterly conversations with owned accounts to help them to maximize the value of their WeWork membership
- Follow up in person with all members who have submitted negative feedback about conference rooms, poorly rated a support ticket, or submitted a negative survey response.
- Follow the model for issue resolution, utilizing the severity scale to determine the next steps. Ensure the proposed solution fully meets the member’s needs with input from the Community Manager.
- Review all responses within our member feedback platform to understand areas of improvement and implement proactive changes, keeping member experience top of mind.
- Support front desk coverage schedule as needed, ensuring there is consistent coverage during business hours, including mail & package handling, welcoming guests, triage tickets on the ticket support platform
- Manage the resolution of questions, issues and/or requests that feed through the member ticket support platform with support from cross-functional teams.
Move-In & Move Out
- Where possible, conduct pre-move-in meetings to ensure a successful move in.
- Complete the New Member Orientation process for all new accounts within the building.
- Curate new member on-boarding materials such as welcome member notes/gifts, FAQ guides, etc to provide on move-in day.
- Coordinate the smooth scheduling of members moving in/out of the building by liaising with Growth and Operations teams.
- Conduct move out interviews to understand the departing members’ overall experience.
- Conduct tours of your WeWork building for prospective members, brokers or VIP’s as required via the Sales team.
- Alert appropriate contact on the Growth Team when a member notifies of any desire to have a Growth-related conversation (e.g. move-out requests, extensions, transfers, etc).
- Hand-off prospective member sales to appropriate sales contacts (walk-ins, current members, guests, etc).
- Understand and be able to speak to all WeWork products & services.
- Set up and host weekly social events that help to create a community within your location; execute “Value-Driving” events planned by the Events team when applicable in the building.
- Provide feedback on programming types (based on member makeup) and evaluate events based on attendance, satisfaction, and impact on the appropriate Events team.
- Craft and distribute all necessary information to promote the event including creation and posting of events posters and member newsletters.
- Ensure building-specific operational requirements are met for each event (elevators, HVAC, etc).
- Liaise with the event host and generate quotes when event venue charges apply.
Building Operations And Management
- Conduct morning walkthroughs to address any issues, escalating any recurring issues to your manager and/or relevant cross-functional teams.
- Know and explain WeWork policies and procedures and communicate, inform, and update members on building issues via email, in person, or broadcast.
- Manage the energy in the building ensuring music levels and activations are appropriate to the day, environment and occasion.
- Respond to member inquiries relating to customisation of their space through buy-up products/services.
- Liaise with in-building, third party cleaning companies to ensure space is kept up to standards; manage performance where required, with Community Manager input.
- Track, audit, and organize keys collected and distributed; manage keycard stock and request new inventory as needed.
- Be the first point of escalation to manage urgent requests/issues when the Community Manager is not on site.
Safety And Security
- Build a professional relationship with, and understand the role of building management – and how/when to include them in building communications
- Review and understand relevant content/procedures relating to WeWork Emergency Action Plans.
- Create incident reports as necessary, respond appropriately and escalate any medical emergency (injury or illness)
- Respond to instructions from Leadership regarding emergency situations, security alerts or updated safety/security processes (e.g. COVID).
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in hospitality, retail and/or account management.
- Proficient local language and understanding of local culture required.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects from start to finish.
- You are attentive to detail and manage tasks efficiently and effectively.
- You enjoy and thrive at continually growing relationships.
Life at WeWork
Just as we empower our community, we believe in empowering our team to create their own life’s work. We move fast and challenge each other, but we always make sure we look out for one another. Our culture and values are what make working here rewarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about diversity at WeWork here.
Management, Administrative, and Customer Service
Consumer Services, Retail, and Hospitality