- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering field; Advanced degree in related fields or MBA is preferred
- 6+ years of work experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory, and outstanding professional achievement and impact
- Proven track record and expertise delivering large CapEx projects (>$100MM) across the entire project life cycle
- Proficiency in industrial engineering, construction management, contractor management, design optimization, procurement and commissioning
- Industry expertise in one of the following Metals, Mining, Oil & Gas, or Energy sectors
- Exposure and knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma highly desired
- Strong interest in knowledge development, i.e., Lean Leadership; Articles, Experiential Learning, and a passion for capability building
- Exceptional problem-solving ability. Whatever your degree or experience, you should excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers, and the ability to untangle complex issues
- Demonstrated leadership. You should be someone who frequently takes initiative and is eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others, and take personal risks as seen through leadership roles in the work environment and/or in extra-curricular activities
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership
- Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English and Korean, both written and verbal
What You'll Do
You will work with front-line leaders within our clients helping them to deliver impact on critical issues.
Your passion is coaching individuals to help them succeed. Implementation consultants work with front-line leaders within our clients helping them to deliver impact on critical issues. Your role is to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to the client and internal leadership. You will develop trust-based relationships with clients and be seen as a specialist in implementation and delivering results.
Working for MI will give you the opportunity to gain experience across a broad number of industry sectors outside of your current sector of knowledge. You will also become part of an outstanding and rapidly growing team within the firm. McKinsey puts a strong emphasis on professional development, with many opportunities to develop your skills and expertise. Our consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from within the firm.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work in Seoul with the McKinsey Implementation (MI) team – a rapidly growing capability for our firm. As a member of MI, you’ll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business. Your goal as an implementation consultant is to help clients build these capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
Consulting, Engineering, and Strategy/Planning
Construction, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting