- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or accounting
- 2+ years of experience at a transaction advisory, private equity, securities, strategy consulting or research firm with exposure to private equity/due diligence process; prior experience in an international environment is desirable
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to structure a problem, disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills including the ability to understand the relevant analysis required to prove a hypothesis and the ability to gather information around it
- Excellent quantitative skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team setting; responsive to feedback
- Flexibility and an understanding of fluid, demanding and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are challenged regularly
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Korean (both written and verbal)
What You'll Do
You will support client development efforts and investment decisions in the due diligence process as well as other private equity/investor work.
In this role, you will support teams with either market data about the PE space and/or support due to diligence engagements across the spectrum of pre-DD, DD and post-deal management. You will frequently contribute to knowledge management and knowledge building efforts
This role differs from McKinsey’s generalist business analyst role in that you will focus entirely on serving investor clients. Because our clients invest across various sectors and types of companies, you will have exposure to a wide variety of sectors and functional levers. You will focus mainly on Korea, yet have global exposure (cross geography and industry) and will have the opportunity to build deep functional capability around the private equity/principal investors industry and due diligence topics.
The role is for an 18 months contract with the option to move to a permanent position depending on performance.
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Seoul, Korea office as part of our Private Equity (PE) team.
The Private Equity team is the world’s leading adviser to the Private Equity and Principal Investing industry. In this role, you will work with investors of all types - PE firms, distressed debt/credit investors, hedge funds, real estate and infrastructure firms as well as the institutional investors these alternative investment managers serve including pensions, sovereign wealth funds, family offices and endowments.
You will be part of a team that is deeply integrated in the global firm, serving investors in all geographies including developed, developing and “frontier” markets.
Analyst, Consulting, and Finance
Financial Services, Investment Banking, and Investment Management