Who We Are
Description & Requirements
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About This Team
Reporting to the SVP, Asia Pacific Retail, you will be responsible two major areas within the market.
The first area is store leadership. The Country Manager is responsible for developing the team of Regional Managers, overseeing all retail operations of a geographic location and driving all aspects of store performance. You will be responsible for developing, introducing and implementing business processes to ensure a consistent level of performance in lululemon stores. In addition, you'll contribute to the annual business plan and initiatives for the market or region and develop the area budget, in alignment with market/region parameters, to effectively allocate resources to meet financial and business objectives.
As the most senior leader in the market, the second area of responsibility is coordinating with the regional functional leaders (product, omni/Ecommerce, brand & community) to support their understanding of the unique market needs and work with them to address them. The market leader will work as part of the Asia Pacific leadership team to set the overall market growth and profitability goals and drive towards achieving them. You will contribute to the annual business plan and develop the budget that effectively allocates resources to meet financial and business objectives for the market.
A day in the life
- Store Leadership
- Responsible for growing, monitoring & driving area store & OMNI performance in partnership with regional Ecommerce team
- Responsible for key financial metrics in store by driving top-line and bottom-line performance across market(s).
- Responsible for ensuring all retail, brand, people and financial operating principles are executed in all stores through effective day-to-day operations and communication.
- Provide retail leadership and direction to all retail stores in your market(s) and responsible for maintaining the sales and guest experience of the existing stores.
- Hire, develop and manage Regional Manager(s) in market to build out the talent pipeline for supporting retail store expansion and improving performance
- Plan and execute strategically to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the market’s stores by partnering with regional finance and retail operations.
- Accountable for store sales and customer satisfaction within stores and together with regional functional leaders responsible for the market(s) profitability
- Individual metrics: retail sales, customer satisfaction, shrink, inventory accuracy, labor turnover and store expanses
- Deliver effective people management for both direct reports and wider teams to support professional development and ensure the cultivation of lululemon's culture in your teams across the geographic area
- Execute local community marketing campaigns in partnership with regional Brand & Community leaders
- Market Leadership
- Work cross-functionally with all Store Support Centre departments and interact regularly with Asia Pacific leadership team.Key areas include:
- Providing product assortment needs for market and sales expectations and opportunities. Provide feedback, insights, sales trends to the regional product team to influence the buying and allocations.
- Coordinating omni channel execution / Collaborate with regional / cross functional partners to co-create and implement retail / omni channel long range plans for the market(s).
- Adapt brand and community focus to market and consumer preferences. Partner with regional brand and community to execute campaign and events.
- Partner with regional retail operations team to optimize the operating process for retails / guest experience / omni.
- Provide updates on the growth and consumer trends within the market to the business
- Be the primary contact point for all key issues happening in market including people, public relations, crisis management. Partner with regional teams to formulate updates and implement action steps.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or equivalent post graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years strong retail store and store operation experience with 4+ years in a leadership role for a group stores and/or retail operations leadership role
- Strong financial literacy around store management and with ability to analyze store financial results and assess performance and improvement areas
- Proven ability to develop and motivate both regional and store leaders. Demonstrated success of moving individuals into greater levels of responsibility
- Ability to breakdown cultural and consumer differences within a country/market and communicate them effectively to others outside the market
- Depth of market experience in relevant geography
- Experience and resilience for working in a fast paced, dynamic, high change environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with remote partners to support the needs of their team
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka you don't take yourself too seriously
- Excellent communication skills in a highly collaborative environment
- Proven ability to lead from a distance
- Enrollment and ability to influence
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
Sales and Business Development
Marketing and Advertising, Manufacturing, and Retail