What is included as inappropriate items as household goods?
Jhon Ace Simbulan
qna No. 2247
Checking whether the item is one of the household goods
The products below are difficult to be included as household goods.
1. Every item that is brought in due to the request from the others.
2. Inappropriate items of personal or household usage (ex) printing machine, copy machine, dishwasher, etc. that are estimated to be used for commercial purpose; Kit Car that is not produced by automobile companies, etc.
3. Items that are not fit for one’s occupation (ex) Bringing in a Grand Piano (except for the small size baby grand piano), etc. luxurious musical instruments, video camera for film making, projector, film developer, etc. that are not fit for one’s occupation (including students of a major).
4. Excessive number of items that are brought in compared to the number of family members
A. When a person with no accompanying family members try to take ladies items or excessive carrying items required for family altogether use
B. When excessive amount of carrying fine furs and clothing etc. compared to the number of family accompanying
C. Excessive number of household goods that are brought in compared to the number of family accompanying
5. Other items that are judged as inappropriate ones by the Head of customhouse