- Americans need their valid U.S. passport to obtain a Korean visa waiver online. The passport number, issue date, and expiry date must be provided when completing the K-ETA form.
- Applicants must supply a recent, individual photograph.
- A debit or credit card is required to pay the electronic travel authorization fees.
The Korea Electronic Travel Authorization, or K-ETA, is a new entry permit for visa-exempt travelers.
It can be obtained with any type of eligible passport, including ordinary, service, and diplomatic passports. It covers the following travel purposes:
- Individual Tour / Group Tour
- Medical treatment
- Games / Match / Competition
From September 2021 eligible travelers must apply for the eTA to enter South Korea. This system contributes to faster border checks. You no longer have to complete the arrival card.
South Korea Visa Waiver Application for Americans
The Korea ETA application form for U.S. citizens is quick to complete. Just a few basic details are required, including:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Contact details
- Health and security information
The information provided by Americans is checked by Korean immigration officials.
The ETA will make South Korea even safer. Travelers who do not meet all the K-ETA requirements will not be granted a visa waiver.
How long can I stay in South Korea with an ETA?
How long you can stay in South Korea with the K-ETA depends on your nationality.
Citizens of most eligible countries can spend up to 90 days in South Korea with the eTA.
In some cases, the maximum length of stay is 30 days.
When does the K-ETA expire?
The South Korea eTA is valid for 2 years from its date of approval.
K-ETA Website: https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/index.do