Join a team that’s passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
- Employing 36,500 individuals
- Across 109 manufacturing sites
- In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
- Industrial intermediates
- Silicone businesses
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
When you apply to jobs at Dow, you are applying with an equal opportunity employer. That means that no matter who you are, from your race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion, it has no weight in your application status.
That means that we make diversity and inclusion a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
Global Strategic Marketing Director for Dow Consumer Solutions could be the right choice for you.
We are looking for a Global Strategic Marketing Director with strong global leadership skills and insights into the electronics market. In this role you will have the responsibility for developing the global marketing strategy, with a strong focus on growth and innovation in our Consumer and Electronics Market. The collaboration and coordination across functions, cross regions as well as with your peers, key customers, distributors, and relevant teams will be critical for success.
- You will develop the global market strategy for the Consumer and Electronics strategic market segment
- You will create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. This will include recommending acquisition and divestiture options as part of strategic portfolio management
- This will encompass facilitating the implementation of the strategy by influencing the global and cross functional teams
- You will be accountable for the global market scorecard including the market segment share, performance to market index, total variable margin growth, Innovation EBITDA and the growth portfolio (pipeline NPV and ROI)
- Fully understands short and long-term customer needs; Articulates understanding of end user/consumer and how it will impact future demand.
- Works to understand competitive intelligence, market & customer dynamics, inter-regional dependencies to develop global strategic marketing plan
- Develops best in class global market strategy and plans in collaboration with regional marketing managers, develops 5-year market plans for continuous growth. Leads the global market team in collaboration with the R&D lead.
- Uses market plans and knowledge of the markets to play integral role in business strategies
- Pre-empts risk with strategies and plans and develops contingency plans
- Develops strong relationships with external partners to enable market plan implementation
- Provides direction and oversight of selection of Key & global customers, prospects, and value chain players for the segment.
- Provide direction and opportunities for value chain to improve pull-through and awareness of Dow technologies
- Understands, develops and implements innovative business models
- Make decisions on opportunities from multiple markets/areas based on their value creation or destruction potential using key metrics and manages their implementation within the constraints of the organization.
- Ensures the organization has properly aligned and allocated resources to execute strategies and actively manages portfolio of innovation to optimize returns for the business
- Consistently and proactively uses all available data/metrics (combining marketing and financial) to make sound decisions regarding growth of top-line and margin and cost control
- Mastery of price positioning and value in use strategy, coaching and driving change through organization to elevate business results
- Own innovation pipeline in conjunction with R&D and TS&D (Technical Service & Development), ensuring optimal use of resources, leveraging search and reapply and maximizing the development of technology. Drives strategy and rigor of innovation portfolio management throughout organization
- Shapes and champions ideas, projects, products, plans and sells them effectively to internal and external stakeholders, leads market plan implementation by aligning goals, securing resources, setting appropriate metrics, and simplifying communication
- Own and drive IP portfolio and segment, ensuring patent applications have market need and fit in collaboration with TS&D and ICM functions
- Owns result, identifies and removes barriers to achieve results, busts bureaucracy, reduces wasteful efforts, has the courage to course correct, stop bad projects and redirect
- Has organizational influence to get things done, knows who to go to and where to get resource, identifies organizational resource gaps and seeks to close them, brings others to the same page on the change curve - manages change appropriately
- Drive collaboration and growth synergies with other Dow business, pushing boundaries to create shareholder values and overcome typical organization obstacles and status-quo.
- Advocate Marketing functional excellence and drive implementation of global functional priorities within the business.
- Work in collaboration with New Business Development team in identification and incubation of technologies which may require different business models or licensing to augment and enhance value capture.
- Set global priorities for use of Business Communications resources that reflect global business affordability.
- Strong strategic marketing experience and commercial experience, knowledge of consumer electronics markets and applications (consumer, communication and computing), industrial electronics, displays as well as Electronic Adhesives
- 10 Years of Strategic Marketing experience, with a passion for business to business
- Driven by sustainability and strong interest in digital customer engagement
- Customer and market orientation with strong bias towards value-add sales and value chain engagement
- Strong team player and influencer across functions and geographies
- Strategic thinker, problem solver, result and action oriented, global key stakeholder management
- Financial Acumen and innovation Savvy
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering (electrical, electronics, chemical) or Marketing related majors
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Travel: Up to 30-40%
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Marketing and Sales
Chemicals, Research Services, and Industrial Machinery