Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are Netflix’s Editorial team. A team of storytellers, editors, producers, and writers who are creating a whole new approach to talking about entertainment. We make content that brings global communities together over shared passions, and we make sure that Netflix is on the pulse of conversation among fans. Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team’s work is unique in that we express a perspective on content the way an editorial media outlet would.
What is The Swoon?
The Swoon is Netflix’s community for global fans of K-content—we are by the fans, for the fans, and we are here to celebrate the stories and the talent that are so beloved around the world. Since launching in 2019, The Swoon has grown across multiple platforms (YouTube, Instagram), and will continue to expand its reach.
We’re looking for an Editorial Manager to be a core member of our Instagram team to lead writers’ room brainstorms, program the editorial calendar, and manage asset production. You’ll have a deep passion, appreciation, and understanding of Korean dramas, and have a skill for bringing these stories into the social zeitgeist. You understand what makes K-dramas tick and why people around the world love them so deeply. As a fan, you are attuned to what sparks a connection between a show and its fandom. You live for that spark.
In the role of Editorial Manager, you will be responsible for the ideation, concept development, and production of our Instagram programming, and across other active and emerging platforms as well. To be a successful editor, you’ll need to be a storyteller at heart and have an excellent judgment to balance audience interests with the needs of our business.
- Develop editorial content for Instagram with a strong hook, point of view, and personality in line with The Swoon’s unique voice.
- Manage the creation of assets from ideation to execution. Lead brainstorm sessions, manage a team of creators hands-on (A/V editors, graphic designers, writers, freelance teams, and vendors), give relevant creative notes, and final approval on assets.
- Draft and post reactive content when news breaks.
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships (content, publicity, marketing, and more) to ensure you have the best information and the ability to gain traction on your strategies and ideas. A big idea isn’t a big idea if you’re doing it alone.
- Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities. Identify editorial angles for titles and topics that are relevant to global Hallyu fans.
The ideal candidate is/has…
- Strong Creative Instincts. You’re constantly thinking of new ideas for posts, IG stories, and recurring features. You see a piece of content and know how to make it better, funnier, or more sincere. You love creating content that makes people laugh, engage in thoughtful discussion, and feel all the feelings.
- Strong Communication Skills. You will be working with a small core team of creatives as well as Netflix managers who will come in and out of the work on the periphery. You are clear and concise in speech and writing, you maintain calm poise in stressful situations, you are transparent and thoughtful in your communication about why or why you are not doing something.
- Attention to Detail. We move quickly at Netflix and plans often change at the last minute. You have strong attention to detail from grammar in your writing, to spotting typos in captions, to making last-minute changes in our content calendar.
- Excellent Creative Writing Skills. You know how to spin that copy into something witty, pithy, and insightful. You know how to build an impactful, consistent online persona and an engaged community by identifying unique community management opportunities, and editing writer-submitted copy & assets to match our overall tone.
- Deep Understanding of Instagram. You know what formats are needed, how to optimize for IG Stories, when to use a carousel vs a grid take over. You know IG inside and out.
- Ability to Be Nimble. Things. Change. Constantly. You’re nimble and don’t get stressed by last minute priority changes or asks. You can adapt quickly to new asset requests without losing sight of other priorities. You identify creative opportunities that start in the community and work to make them bigger.
- Deep Knowledge of International K-drama Fandom. You are well-versed in the communities and topics that are important to this audience; you know what speaks to them, and what makes content shareable.
- You Love Community Management. You love interacting with the audience, developing relationships and inside jokes, and being at the center of fan conversation. You love building an online community and being a part of it!
- Respect and understanding for Netflix culture.
Marketing, Public Relations, and Writing/Editing
Entertainment, Internet, and Motion Pictures and Film