Reference No: WD-0008065
What's the role?
Business Development Manager at Hilti is a leadership role part of the global Hilti / Oglaend community. As a business developer, you will be focusing on a portfolio of Global Accounts (EPCs or Owners) important for the Hilti / Oglaend business. You will own a tailored customer strategy and lead its execution to increase the adoption of Hilti / Oglaend solutions. You will also coordinate a worldwide team associated with these account(s).
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is relatively obscure outside the construction industry, but is a global provider of high-tech tools, technologies, software and services, and has built a reputation for over 75 years for its proud tradition and advanced products and services. Led by more than 23,000 employees in more than 120 countries around the world, Hilti will be a great place to develop your career through opportunities for learning and growth.
What does the role involve?
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Accountable for the Development of global accounts (Owners, EPCs) operating in the O&G business through account standardization, project specification, sales development (direct or indirect) and multi-level relationship management in a view of increasing Hilti / Oglaend share of wallet.
- Accountable for the development of the strategy of the assigned accounts, leading its implementation globally through Hilti & Oglaend counterparts globally.
- Ownership of the account global project pipeline and proactive build-up of Hilti / Oglaend capture teams to drive the aligned focus projects and increase share of wallet.
- Responsible for bringing market intelligence inputs to the global teams to confirm and/or update corporate segment strategies.
- Scope of responsibility is at international level.
- Maintains effective communication throughout the team and company and acts as owner of assigned accounts.
- Responsibilities includes travelling abroad when needed.
- Achieve Standard and Specifications on assigned Account(s) by driving system adoption throughout all project phases.
- Develop and drive Account strategies to maximize Hilti / Oglaend solution penetration and partnership level.
- Drives and/or supports project capture teams
- Achieve Net Sales Plan
10 Things To Be Good At
- Communication skills: Creation of trust through active listening, influencing with leadership and not authority, negotiation skills.
- Long-Term Strategic Thinking: Capable of explaining and transmitting the targets & strategy to customers, peers and management.
- Plan a week, a month, a year in accordance with the strategy.
- Able to influence internal and external stakeholders around the strategy while understanding external stakeholders’ pain points and trends to adjust it if need be.
- Self-driven and working autonomously: Create his own planning and tasks to reach the targets.
- Identify, understand and deliver sharp high-level system selling value proposition and ready to go into the details.
- Senior relationship management: Capable and confident while speaking to senior and C-level customers.
- Project management capabilities: Manage complexity of system selling across multiple geographies, functions and customers.
- Networking (internal and external) with confidence while working within a matrix
We are proud to have a long-term bonding with our employees: More than 30% of our employees have been part of the Hilti family for over 10 years!
What do we offer?
True people development culture!
Why should you apply?
Hilti recruits talent from various backgrounds. Some of the best employees currently working have started without experience and grown their careers. Therefore, it is okay if you have no experience in construction. In Hilti, anyone can succeed through teamwork and work skills, regardless of background.
What You Need Is
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from Korean universities
- Previous experience with EPCs
- Previous experience in Natural Resources and Power projects management
- Understanding of Natural Resources and Power segments
- Ability to present an account strategy to senior management
- Ability to build relationship
- Leadership and ownership, teamwork, communication
- Fluency in English
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Active social life to support entertain account relationships
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”
- James, Customer service representative (sales)
Construction, Civil Engineering, and Industrial Machinery