KOREA TOUR CARD is a useful transportation and travel card exclusive to international tourists. The card provides convenient access to public transportation anywhere in Korea. KOREA TOUR CARD also provides discount benefits at popular attractions such as National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul, Everland, and Lotte World. The card can be purchased online or at offline stores. A mobile app version of the card is also available and can be used on devices that support NFC function to pay for services and purchase goods. The mobile app allows convenient access to all the benefits of the KOREA TOUR CARD without the hassle of carrying a physical card in your wallet.
How much and where to acquire one?
Korean tour card can be acquired for 4,000 won, although it is not loaded yet once purchased.
Retail location are as follow:
• For online purchase, check the Korea Tour Card website for detailed information
• Card vending machines at major Seoul subway stations from Line 1 to 4 and at Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 Station, Gimpo International Airport Station, and Seoul Station on Airport Railroad Line
• Convenience stores: 7-Eleven, CU, GS25, emart24 (card may not be available in all stores)
• In-flight purchase: Jeju Airlines (40 international flights stopping at Incheon or Busan)
• Affiliated banks within airports: Shinhan Bank (Incheon International Airport branch, exchange booths near Boarding Gate C in Terminal 1 & Gate A in Terminal 2, Gimpo International Airport, Jeju International Airport) / Woori Bank exchange booths (Incheon International Airport near Exit Gates 4 & 9 in Terminal 1 & and Exit Gate 5 in Terminal 2)
• Other locations: Shinhan Bank (Myeong-dong Station Branch, Myeong-dong Branch, Hongik Univ. Branch)
Reload and Refund locations
Convenience stores and Tmoney service desks at subway stations (Seoul Subway Lines 1-8, Incheon Subway Lines 1-2)
- Cards can also be reloaded using the card reloading devices inside subway stations.
- Upon refund, travelers can receive the remaining balance loaded in the card with a service charge of 500 won; card purchase payment will not be refunded. Cardholders are advised to load their card in small amounts as refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
KOREA TOUR CARD: Namhaean Coast
The KOREA TOUR CARD Namhaean Coast comes with special privileges that are unique to the Namhaean (southern coast) regions of Busan, Gyeongsangnam-do, and Jeollanam-do. KOREA TOUR CARD Namhaean Coast cardholders will not only be eligible for 160 various benefits of a regular KOREA TOUR CARD, but as of September 2021, it will also be rewarded with 39 exclusive special benefits only available in the southern coast regions.