Job Family Group
Commercial and Retail
Posting Start Date
October 21, 2021
Are you highly motivated to help Shell succeed in the Energy Transition? This role could be your chance to use your analytical skills to support investment-grade proposals for renewable projects.
Where you fit in
Shell has the ambition to become one of the largest global suppliers of clean power. And we are growing our renewable power portfolio through in-house site development and buying into projects started by others.
The renewables industry is becoming truly global. As it matures, we want to bring a fresh look at project design, execution and operations. Optimizing project value depends on multiple parameters: energy production, offtake contracts, future capex and opex and financial structure. We’re looking for an individual to lead in the team that draws these threads together and supports the development of competitive value propositions.
The Valuation Team manages multiple significant workflows, providing analysis and guidance to the technical, commercial and financial workstreams in a fast-paced environment. They are expected to be highly independent, develop specialist expertise in the evaluation of complex structured (i.e. project financed) opportunities and champion new and improved ways of working.
What’s the role?
You will provide support on evaluating Renewable Energy opportunities. You will participate in cross-functional efforts to deliver market-leading, lowest-cost of energy, project proposals. Underpinning this performance will be developing a familiarity with the renewable power value chain across a range of commercial and regulatory environments.
You Will Assist Teams By
- Providing high-quality, timely and commercially sound investment analysis and guidance.
- Supporting the modelling and assessment of various contracting and financing strategies.
- Assisting investment modelling of sound technical integrity and quality through the use of global tools, processes and guidelines.
- Assisting project cost & value optimisation.
- Assisting delivery of fit-for-purpose Risk & Uncertainty analysis.
- Using benchmarking data to support opportunity valuation and competitive assessments.
- Contributing to presentations of complex concepts and analyses clearly and succinctly.
- Thinking beyond a single asset/project scope to build a portfolio-level assessment of opportunity value.
- Providing project management and value optimisation support to Valuation Leads.
What We Need From You
- minimum Bachelor’s degree in a highly numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Engineering, Finance, Maths, Physics).
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and engagement at all levels of the project team.
- Proven experience using or building financial models to drive project optimisation and value extraction as well as Project Finance
- General knowledge of a variety of funding structures, e.g. Balance Sheet and Debt Financing.
- Working knowledge of risk quantification using uncertainty analysis e.g. Monte Carlo or similar methodology
- Proven experience of the renewables sector, ideally under a variety of regulatory systems
- Working knowledge in a Portfolio approach to valuation, where assets sit within an integrated value chain
- Working knowledge of Power markets and Acquisition & Divestment Analysis are desirable
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits, and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
General Business and Marketing
Oil and Gas